For a fast and effective internet network, Netgear Modems are preferred over other types of modems. Netgear Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem offers uninterrupted internet service to the computer or wireless router. The combination of a Netgear modem with Netgear Router ensures fast, reliable and cost-effective internet to a wide range of wired and wireless devices. Netgear Modems are compatible with all major DSL Internet Service Providers, plus the modems are easy to set up.
Netgear Modem Setup: The Whole Process In Detail
- The process begins with connecting DSL port of Netgear DSL modem router to the telephone line through a DSL microfilter.
- The, connect the modem to the computer using an Ethernet cable. Connect Netgear DSL modem router to the power supply unit and then, wait for a minute so that the unit can boot up.
- On the computer, open your web browser, which will take you to Netgear Genie set up screen automatically. If that doesn’t happen, then enter ‘http://192.168.0.1 or www routerlogin net setup in the address bar.
- Select ‘Yes’ followed by clicking ‘Next’ to continue.
- Choose your country from the list of countries and then, click ‘Next’.
- The setup wizard is going to detect the type of internet connection.
- DSL connections that need login to connect to the web are detected as PPPoE/PPPoA.
- Your ISP must have provided you with login details to access their service so enter those details into login and password boxes and then, click ‘Next’.
- Netgear Router will apply new settings and as it does, you need to verify whether you’re connected to the internet. For that, you need to click ‘take me to the internet’.
- If the configuration isn’t successful, then consult your ISP for getting the right login details. As you do so, click ‘Try Again’ to complete the setup process.
Once you are done setting up your Netgear Modem, it’s time to setup Netgear Router in order to allow the internet access to wireless devices as well.
How To Setup A Router
Setting up Netgear Router (Cable Internet) with Genie Interface
- Turn off Netgear modem and router.
- Connect modem with the router using an Ethernet cable. Connect the cable in the ‘Internet’ port on the router.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect one port on the computer and another on the port labeled ‘LAN’ on the Netgear router.
- Turn on the modem and wait until all lights glow and become stable.
- Turn on the router now and wait until the power light gets solid green.
- On your computer, open a web browser and enter ‘www router login com’, ‘www router login net’ or ‘http://192.168.1.1’ in the address bar. You will see the router setup page after entering either of these URLs.
- If none of the aforementioned URLs work, then check your router for the correct URL.
- Log into Netgear Router interface by entering ‘admin’ in the username field and ‘password’ in ‘password’ field. These are default login credentials for Netgear routers. Now, you’ll see Netgear Genie Setup Wizard appearing on the screen.
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab followed by ‘setup wizard’.
- When asked if you want Netgear to detect your internet connection, select ‘Yes’ followed by clicking ‘Next’.
- Click ‘take me to the internet’ to confirm the working of your internet connection. Your Netgear router is now configured for use with the ISP.
Setup Netgear Router (DSL Internet) With Genie Interface
- Connect Netgear router to landline jack with the help of DSL microfilter.
- Connect the phone to DSL microfilter by making use of a small telephone wire.
- Connect your PC to any port that is labeled ‘LAN’ on the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect Netgear router to a power supply unit and turn on the router.
- On your PC, launch a web browser and as you do so, Netgear Genie Setup Wizard displays on the screen automatically.
- Enter ‘www.routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://192.168.0.1’ in the address bar of the browser if the setup wizard doesn’t show up on the screen automatically.
- If you want Netgear to configure your internet, then select ‘Yes’. Then, click ‘Next’.
- Select your country from the list of countries followed by clicking ‘Next’.
- Enter a username and password provided by your Internet Service Provider into the given fields. Then, click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Take me to the internet’ option in order to verify your internet connection is working. Once you do that, your Netgear router will be configured for use with the ISP.
How To Login To Netgear Router
- On your computer, open a web browser. You can use your smartphone or tablet as well to log in to Netgear Router.
- Enter ‘http://www.routerlogin.com’ or ‘http://www.routerlogin.net’ into the address bar of your web browser. Or, you can enter ‘http://192.168.1.1’ or ‘http://192.168.0.1’ in the address bar as well.
- Hit ‘Enter’ or click ‘Search’.
- Type in your username and password in the router login window. By default, the username is ‘admin’ and password is ‘password’.
- Click ‘Ok’ or ‘login’.
After configuring your Netgear Router with your computer, you will now be able to access the internet without any interruption. In case, the internet isn’t working fine, then there could be some issue with the router. Below-mentioned are some of the most common issues befalling Netgear Router.
- Netgear router not connecting to the internet
- Netgear router not working after reset
- Netgear router not showing up on network list
- Unable to perform Netgear router setup
- Netgear router troubleshooting lights
- Netgear genie problem detecting the internet connection
- Netgear router not connecting to the internet
- Netgear router firmware update failed
- Netgear Security Update failed
- Netgear router interfering with computer’s firewall
- Unable to log into Netgear Router Setup wizard
For all these issues, you need to consult Netgear Modem and Router experts because they will provide you with the best solution to all the aforementioned issues. To ensure smooth functioning of Netgear modem and router, contact Netgear experts.