We are going to walk you through the steps for resolving No light or flashing LED issue on the modem. If you are getting ‘No DSL connected into router ADSL port’ message, then even, we are going to quote solution with you. This message generally appears during the initial genie setup.
Any issue with the internet service or home wiring may result in broken DSL connection. To check whether there is an issue with the wiring, check DSL light if it is on or off.
The steps to resolve Flashing DSL or no light on DSL LED issue are mentioned here as follows:
DSL LED will blink when DSL modem or gateway exasperate to establish a connection with Digital subscriber line service. It will approximately blink for half a minute until it gets connected. Now, this flashing LED will turn solid. If in case the DSL LED continues to flash, you can try the below-mentioned steps.
- Ensure that all the network devices are connected to the phone line via DSL filter. These include satellite receivers, alarms, and fax machines. The advantage of these filters is; it won’t allow the devices to interfere with the DSL signal.
- If you are using line share ADSL, check that the crystal clear dial tone is coming on phone line plugged into DSL line. For conducting the test, an analog phone is required always.
- Connect the DSL cable of your modem directly to the wall socket and bypass all the filter and splitters available in-between. These filters or splitters may cause interference. Unplug and re-plug the cable to the DSL modem and wall jack to ensure proper connection.
- If possible, change the location of your DSL modem and power supply and connect it to the new telephone wall jack. Sometimes, the issue with the internal wiring at particular jack in your home can cause a problem. Check if the problem has been resolved or not. If not, go to the next troubleshooting step.
- Suppose you are using a common line for DSL phone and modem. Disconnect the modem and listen to the noise in the line if any. If you notice any snap while making a phone call, contact your phone manufacturer. They will repair the DSL line and phone immediately.
- If required, perform a final test by plugging the DSL modem directly into the telephone box given outside home. It is mostly grey in color and you can easily locate by seeing a herd of wires connected within it. This will waive the possibility of inside wiring problem if any.
If after implementing the above-mentioned steps, you are still facing the same DSL problem on your router, then contact the Internet service provider and tell them to perform phone line test on your number. They will let you know the real cause of the problem.