The Netgear WGR614 router is a network device designed to create a wireless local area network in your home or office. For the router to be able to access the Internet, it must be connected to a cable or DSL modem with an active signal. If the Netgear WGR614 wireless network is not working properly, and you cannot load all the Web pages, there are several troubleshooting steps to help isolate and resolve the problem.
- Disconnect the DSL cable or modem by unplugging the power cord.
- Turn off the Netgear WGR614 wireless router by unplugging the power cord.
- Turn off any nearby computers that you are trying to use to connect to the Internet.
- Reconnect the modem’s cable or DSL power cable, and then wait two minutes for it to boot.
- Reconnect the power cord of the wireless router and wait another minute for it to boot.
- Restart the PC and Mac computers and try to connect to the wireless network being transmitted by the Netgear WGR614 router.
- Replace the running Ethernet cable between the modem and the router and make sure both ends are firmly connected if the connection is still not working.
- Press the “Restore” button on the back of the Netgear WGR614 wireless router and hold it for 10 seconds to completely reset the device. When the router finishes rebooting, it will be reset to the factory settings and you can set it up again from scratch.
Finding default password for Netgear WGR614 Router
The Netgear WGR614 offers wireless access for Internet access. The router ships with a user name and password used to access the factory default online administrator panel. The administration panel is used to make the router settings as well as to troubleshoot any problems that the router may experience. If you do not remember the password that you set on your router after buying it, you may have to first restore the device and then use the default password to gain access to the admin panel.
Restore Default Setting
If you have forgotten the user account information of your Netgear WGR614 router including the password or the device has been compromised, you can restore the router to the default setting. Press the “Default Reset” button located on the back of the router to restore the default settings.
The default user account is used to log in to the Netgear WGR614 administration panel online and make changes to the router configuration. The factory log on behalf of the user is “admin” and the default password is “password”.
Default Login Process
Open Internet Explorer and navigate to routerlogin.net to sign in to the admin panel. Type “admin” in the username field and “password” in the password field. The home page of the Netgear Admin panel launches.
Change default password
Ideally, you will change the default password to ensure the proper security and security of your wireless network. Click “Maintenance” and then “Set Password” on the home page of the Netgear admin panel. Enter the default password in the “Old Password” field. Enter the desired password in the “New password” and again in the “Repeat new password” field and click “Apply”.