If you are not being able to access the Netgear router login page, then there can be a number of reasons behind it. The most common among them are; Browser cache and IP address issue.
Steps to get into the router admin page:
- You must ensure that you are opening the right web address and using the right username and password.
- If you have recently changed the modem/router password, then use a new password instead of default one.
- If you are still getting an error code on the screen, then try clearing the browser cache using settings.
Note: The settings are different for different web browsers so you can check the settings online. Try accessing the login page from Internet Explorer or Apple Safari.
- Another solution to your problem is using the direct IP address in place of login web URL. You can enter 192.168.1.1.
- If the problem still goes on, then go to the router login page by accessing through a wired Ethernet connection. A wired internet connection provides better performance with 2.4 GHz band.
Note: You must use the Netgear router internet connection for accessing the login page. For this, it is preferred to use a wired connection rather than using the wireless.
- Using multiple networks at the same time may lead to the router login issue. If you are using wired, wireless or VPN network together, then the page will not work. Disconnect all the devices for a moment and connect only Netgear Router to the network.
- Disable pop-up blockers, firewall or any other third party Antivirus if installed on the computer. All these security software sometimes block the router login page due to a security issue. So, try opening the login page with ads and pop-up disabled.
- Restart modem, router and all the connected devices like phone, tablets, laptops or desktops.
- Keep the modem off for 10 seconds and turn it on again. Wait for few seconds until the booting gets completed.
- If you don’t know how to restart your home network, you can go to the support page and read instructions online.
- After implementing step 8, if the problem doesn’t get resolved, you can perform a factory reset of modem. Once you perform factory reset function, all the personalized settings, username, the password will be deleted. You need to set up the modem/router again from scratch.
- Follow step number 1 to login to the router page after a factory reset. Once done, click on ‘Advanced’ from the menu page.
- Enter IP address 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar and press ‘Enter’.
- To avoid any further login errors, you must update the firmware of the router to the latest version from the online website. Click on the ‘Advanced’ menu from the login page and Press ‘Router update’ option.
- As soon as you press the ‘Router update’ button from the screen, the update will start downloading and you can check the status of download from there itself.