There are basically four versions of WNR1000 available in the market. You will find the below-mentioned default credentials for all these four versions:
IP address: The IP address is 192.168.1.1. This is common for all Netgear router models.
What if Default password doesn’t work?
If you find the default password not working on WNR1000 router or somebody has changed it without your knowledge, then there is nothing to worry. You can change the password again by clicking on ‘Reset or forgot password’ link.
All you need to do is; reset the router to its default settings. Reset means factory default. So, it will not only delete the existing password but also the username as well as other details configured on the router. You will be able to restore the credentials again.
Here are some steps which are important for resetting the Netgear WNR 1000 router. You can implement the steps in the same order. If you find any problem, you can contact experts.
- Check the power cable whether it is properly plugged in or not. If it is plugged in, power it on.
- Turn the WNR1000 around so as to get access to the back side.
- Here you will find the black button enclosed inside the hardware. You can press this button with the help of a small object or with the sharp paper clip. Press the reset button firmly.
- Keep the button pressed for at least 10 seconds or until you find the power light starts blinking.
- Wait for half-minute till the resetting gets finished. When you find the power light turns solid, it means the router is successfully reset.
- Unplug the power cable and wait for some seconds. Plug the router back to the power supply and wait till it gets booted.
- Wait for half-a-minute so that the booting process gets totally completed.
- The router is now successfully reset. You can open the web browser on your computer and enter the IP address of your Netgear router. Enter 192.168.1.1.
- In the username field, enter ‘Username’ and in the password ‘password’.
- To maintain security, you must change the default password.
How to restore preferred settings?
If you want to bring the router to its previous settings you have done before the reset, then login to the wireless network with the same SSID and password you used before. The same SSID will work for other custom settings like DNS servers as well.
Facing problem accessing the router
The default IP address for Netgear router is 192.168.1.1. If you have changed it at the time of setup, then you have to enter that IP address instead of default one.
Favorably, there is no need to reset the router completely to get the default IP. You can get the default gateway from any computer that is connected to the router.
If you want any support, you can download the manuals for your router from the Netgear WNR1000 page. Select a particular version from the list of models and proceed to the next step.