What the use of having a premium quality modem when you can’t access the internet through it. If you are using Netgear cable modem or modem router and facing connectivity issues, then you can easily bring the modem back to the working state. Just go through below-mentioned steps and you will be able to get rid of connectivity issues in your Netgear modem.
- You need to begin with contacting your internet service provider (ISP) in order to verify that your modem is activated. If you never have gotten a chance to activate your cable modem or modem router, then you will have to activate it now by making use of your ISP’s self-activation process.
- Once you have activated your modem, then it’s time to check the power levels of the cable line, which connects to your Netgear cable modem or modem router. In case, you experience intermittent connections or slow speeds, then there could be a possibility of insufficient power levels in the cable line. If the cable line doesn’t have enough power levels, then you should get in touch with your Internet Service Provider.
- Get rid of any splitters that are located between your cable line and Netgear modem or modem router. With splitters placed in between the cable line, the signal quality can deteriorate, therefore, you will have to remove them in order to get a good quality signal.
- It is important for you to check the firmware version used in your cable modem or modem router. The firmware version needs to be latest if you want to access the internet without any problem. If the firmware version is outdated, then you must contact your ISP, as they will be able to help you get the latest firmware version.
- In the end, you need to power cycle your network. You will not believe, but the majority of connectivity issues between cable modems and modem routers can be fixed by performing a power cycle, so make sure you power cycle your modem in order to get things back to normal.
Now, you should check as to whether you are able to connect to the internet using your modem or not. If you are, then you should note down the aforementioned steps somewhere because if you come across the same issue again, then you can instantly fix it. However, if the issue is not fixed after following aforementioned steps, then you should get in touch with Netgear modem setup and support providers for help. They can get you the best solution for the issue, so don’t waste your time and contact the experts right away.