Are you looking to create your own wireless network with Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router and share that incredible internet connection with a number of your computers? This is exactly what we are going to discuss today. Like the majority of routers, Netgear WGR614v6 is configured with a web-based configuration page, which you can access in your web browser. Configure login settings for your Internet service provider, wireless security settings, content filtering, or port forwarding settings for running games and other program servers. Instructions
- Access the Netgear WGR614v6 router setup web page by entering “www.routerlogin.net” in the address bar of your browser.
- Sign in and your router when prompted. Type “admin” in the “User Name” box in the login window prompt, type “password” in the “Password” box and click “OK.” If you set your own password, enter your password instead of the default “password”.
- Configure the router password by clicking “Set Password” under “Maintenance” on the left side of the router configuration window. Enter the old password (“password” by default) in the “Old Password” box, enter a new password in the “New Password” and “Repeat New Password” boxes and click “Apply.”
- Configure Internet Service Provider login settings if necessary by clicking “Basic Settings” under “Setup” on the left side of the router’s configuration page. Click “Yes” under “Does the internet connection require a login?” If this happens, then enter your Internet service provider’s username into the “Login” box, enter your password in the “Password “and click” Apply.”
- Configure wireless settings by clicking “Wireless Settings” under “Setup” on the left side of the router setup page. Name the wireless network by typing a name in the “Name (SSID)” box under “Wireless Network.” Protect your connection by clicking “WPA-PSK” under “Security Options”, typing a password for your network in the “Passphrase” box and clicking “Apply”.
- Configure content filtering by clicking “Block Sites” under “Content Filtering” in the left sidebar of the WGR614v6 configuration page. Enable content filtering by clicking “Always” under “Keyword filtering.” Enter keywords or domain names for the site in the “Keyword type or domain name here” box and click “Add keyword” key “after each one. Save the settings when finished by clicking “Apply”.
- Configure port forwarding for local servers by clicking “Port Forwarding/Port Triggering” under “Advanced” on the left side of the Netgear router configuration page and clicking “Port Forwarding” under “Select the type of service.” Attacking ports for a game or other program by clicking the “Service” box by clicking its name in the list, typing the address of your computer in the “IP Address Server” boxes and clicking “Add”.
- Configure remote access for Netgear WGR614v6 router configuration pages for computers on the Internet by clicking “Remote Management” under “Advanced” on the left side of the router configuration page. Click “Enable Remote Management On” and click “Apply.”
This sums up the process of setting up a Netgear WGR614v6 router. If you encounter any issue during the setting up process, then call Netgear modem and router experts.