If you have landed on this page, then you might be searching for the steps to setup Netgear DSL modem using Netgear Genie user interface. We will walk you through easy steps to setup DSL modem on your home network.
The information given on this page will be proven helpful for all those who want to configure their router with the DSL connection that uses genie user-interface.
In case, you are using an older router, then you need to go to the link which says, ‘Configure DSL modem router with smart wizard user-interface.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for configuring DSL modem router for internet connection with Genie interface.
- Connect the DSL port of your Netgear modem to the phone line via Microfilter. You can check the image of the same filter online from the web browser. Now, connect the computer to the modem with the help of Ethernet cable. You will find the LAN ports on your computer CPU where you can easily connect the cable.
- Connect the Netgear modem to the power supply with the help of power adapter that comes with the modem packing.
- Wait till the modem boot up completely. It will take 3 to 4 minutes.
Note: If you have already connected any modem or router to the same network on which you are configuring a new modem, remove it immediately before proceeding with the steps.
- Launch web browser (internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Safari). It will be automatically redirected to ‘Netgear Genie setup’ screen. If you find no such screen on the browser, enter the IP address of your modem carefully in the address bar. You can check the IP address of your modem from the back of device.
- The modem login page will get opened right after pressing ‘Enter’ button.
- Click ‘Yes’ if prompted followed by ‘Next’.
- You are required to select the country where you are currently living.
- Tap ‘next’.
- The setup wizard will take some minutes and detect the type of internet connection.
- If the internet connection detected as PPPoE for DSL line, then you are required to enter the login details.
- You can ask the login details from internet service provider. They will let you know either via phone call or via email.
- Type the same login details in the given boxes.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- The router will verify the settings. Once completed, you can check whether your modem is connected to the internet or not by opening the website. Click on ‘Take me to internet’.
In case, you fails to configure the modem with the genie interface, you can contact Internet service provider to verify the login details and try connecting it again to complete setup.