We are going to help you with the steps to setup a Netgear Router Setup for broadband internet connection. If you are using a cable internet connection with Netgear router that uses smart wizard, then this guide is for you.
If you are using a Netgear Genie user interface, then you can read the complete instructions from ‘How to configure Netgear for cable with Netgear genie’ link.
In case you are using a DSL internet connection, go through the links given on the page as follows:
- How to configure Netgear DSL gateway for internet connection.
- If there is an old smart wizard user-interface, then click on ‘How to configure Netgear DSL gateway’ with the smart wizard.
Now, we are going to mention the steps for configuring the Netgear router for cable internet connection through the smart wizard.
- Connect the modem to the Netgear router through the internet port given on it. Connect the same to the LAN port of your computer or laptop.
- Turn on the computer, router, and modem. Wait till the booting gets finished on all the devices.
- Launch a web browser and enter the IP address of your router in the URL web space. It will be 192.168.1.1.
- Press Enter.
- You will be asked to enter the login details of your router.
- Enter Admin in the username field and password in the ‘Password’ field.
- Both the login credentials are case-sensitive.
- If you are not being able to access the account, then you might have changed the password or try entering the different password. However, if you don’t know the new password, then the only option is to ‘Factory reset’ the device. This will bring all the settings to default.
- Click on ‘Setup Wizard’.
- You will find the setup wizard screen on the front of your computer screen.
- Click ‘Yes’ followed by ‘Next’.
- The setup wizard will detect the type of internet connection. Click ‘Dynamic IP’ for cable internet connections.
- Tap ‘Next’. The router will then save the settings.
- Don’t change the default settings until or unless your ISP gave specific DNS information.
- To check the status of the internet, you need to go to ‘Router status’ from the ‘Maintenance’ menu. In case you find any problem, you can ask experts.
- Go through the IP address and check if it is correct or not. If you find Zeroes in it, then it means there is some problem with IP.
For this problem, you can either click on the link or contact experts for immediate assistance. They will let you know why there is a problem with the IP.